The most unique Airbnbs in New York State range from treehouses and cabins to lake houses and luxury rentals. There are so many amazing accommodations in NY to choose from, but which are the best? Just wait until you see these New York vacation rentals on Airbnb and VRBO!
Who doesn’t love New York? From the multicultural hub of NYC to the mountains of Upstate New York, there’s no state quite like it. Beyond the iconic skyline of Manhattan lies rolling hills, serene lakes, and charming towns just waiting to be discovered.
As such, it’s no surprise that New York is also home to some of the most unique and extravagant Airbnbs and vacation rentals. You’ll find so many unique Airbnbs in New York City, the Catskills, the Adirondacks, and Long Island, that you’ll never want to leave!
From rustic cabins nestled in the heart of the Adirondacks to luxurious lofts overlooking the Hudson River, New York State’s Airbnb offerings are as diverse and enchanting as its landscapes.
Whether you’re looking for a cozy rental in downtown NYC, a romantic escape in the Finger Lakes, or a luxurious accommodation in the Hamptons, this article has got you covered. Here are the 20 most unique Airbnbs in New York for all types of travelers (and budgets)!
The Coolest Airbnbs in New York State: Top Vacation Rentals in New York in 2023
Here are the best Airbnbs in New York by category, taking into account different amenities, trip types, and budgets. The subsequent sections will cover each listing in more detail.
Best-Value Airbnb in New York: Luxury A-Frame Cabin in NY
Best Luxury Rental New York: Glass House with Pool in New York
Top Romantic Airbnb in New York: Cozy Cub Cabin
Best NY Airbnb for Large Groups: Casablanca on Cherry Island
Best Cheap Airbnb New York: Finger Lakes Bungalow
Coolest Treehouse Airbnb in New York: One of a Kind Treehouse
Top Airbnb New York with Pool: Westover Castle
Best Beach House Rental New York: Castle Cottage on Lake George
Most Unique Airbnb in New York State: Geo Dome Rental in NY
20 Best Airbnbs in New York
If beach houses, treehouses, romantic cottages, and luxury rentals all sound good to you, get excited! Below are some of the most unique stays in New York:
1. Artist A-Frame Rental in New York State
Location: Germantown, New York
Rates from: $189 per night
Accommodates: 3 guests
Experience Upstate New York in style from this cozy and romantic Airbnb. This modern A-Frame rental is set on 15 acres of pristine property with apple orchards and forests as far as the eye can see.
Go stargazing each night from the backyard. Enjoy a cocktail as you take in the solar lights and battery lanterns that surround this A-Frame property. Have a picnic in the garden or the outdoor kitchen with its propane stove and charcoal grill. After stepping foot inside this enchanting property, you won’t want to leave. In addition to being among the most unique Airbnb rentals in New York, it’s also dog-friendly!
Unique features: Unique A-Frame Airbnb in NY State; 15-acre apple orchard; solar lights and battery lanterns; large garden with picnic tables; outdoor kitchen; wood workshop; pet-friendly; front porch; cruiser bikes can be borrowed; fire pit
Cool sights nearby: Seneca Creek State Park | Black Hill Regional Park | BlackRock Center for the Arts | Butler’s Orchard | Waters Landing Local Park | Black Hill Nature Programs | Clopper Lake | Little Seneca Lake
2. Wander Hudson Woods: Glass House with Pool in New York
Location: Hudson, New York
Rates from: Starting at $899/night
Accommodates: Up to 4 guests
Wander Hudson Woods is a one-of-a-kind glass house whose focal point is a magical pool that extends towards distant views of the Catskills. Nestled in the hills of New York’s Hudson Valley region, the home spans 25 secluded acres of woods and fields with bedrooms that open right up to the pool and hot tub. Its modern architectural design has been featured in the NY Times and is inspired by Pierre Koenig’s iconic LA Stahl House, bringing the best of Californian mid-century modern charm to this eastern escape.
The two bedroom/two bathroom home is owned and operated by Wander, a new travel company transforming the vacation home industry by guaranteeing high-quality escapes with inspiring views, modern workstations, hotel-grade cleaning, top-tier amenities and 24/7 concierge.
Unique features: Heated pool, hot tub, indoor fireplace, 24/7 concierge, pet-friendly, 25 secluded acres, mountain views, forest views, 300+ mbps WiFi, Tesla rental, Eight Sleep Pod Pro mattresses, and 2 state-of-the-art workstations inclusive of sit-to-stand desks, monitors, and cameras/microphones
Cool sights nearby: Olana State Historic Site | Hudson River Tour | Hudson River Skywalk | Downtown Hudson | Greenport Conservation Area | Kaaterskill Falls | Overlook Mountain | Giant Ledge & Panther Mountain | Windham Mountain | Hunter Mountain
3. Geo Dome Airbnb in Upstate New York
Rates from: $379 per night
Accommodates: 16 guests
“The Outlier Inn is a bucolic 12-acre farm in New York state’s southern Catskill mountains, just 90 miles from NYC. This incredible glamping space offers a peaceful and inspiring respite from life in the Big City. We have sheep, goats, alpacas, and chickens which are accessible to guests!” – Airbnb
If you’re seeking a top vacation rental in New York, look no further!
Unique features: Outdoor kitchen and grill; outdoor double hot showers; fire pit; claw foot bathtub; greenhouse and vegetable garden; variety of farm animals including alpacas
Cool sights nearby: Resorts World Catskills | Pleasure Lake | Morningside Lake | Catskills | Hunter Mountain | Kaaterskill Falls
4. Top A-Frame Airbnb Cabin in New York
Location: Hancock, New York
Rates from: $429 per night
Accommodates: 6 guests
Dreaming of staying in an A-Frame cabin Airbnb in New York? This unique rental in the Catskills has got you covered!
This mid-century, modern cabin is set in the mountains with lake views and lots of seclusion. It’s equipped with all the amenities you’ll need for a cozy stay. There are lots of unique sights and attractions nearby, but after stepping foot inside this romantic Airbnb cabin in upstate NY, you won’t want to leave!
Not only is this one of the best A-Frame Airbnbs in New York, it’s also among the best in the entire northeast!
Unique features: A-Frame Airbnb cabin in the woods; modern amenities; lake views; lots of nearby hiking trails; romantic retro fireplace
Cool sights nearby: Hancock Town Square | Kaaterskill Falls | Robert W. Nichol Nature Preserve | Olana State Historic Site | North-South Lake
5. The Mission House Sanctuary
Location: Hopewell Junction, New York
Rates from: $886 per night
Accommodates: 8 guests
“How can you make 4,000 square ft. living space feel warm and cozy? We did it!” – Airbnb
Is this one of the most unique Airbnbs in New York? I’d say so! This sanctuary is decked out with all the essentials for your large family or group of friends. It’s amazing that such an enchanting and secluded Airbnb can be found so close to the city. Add this vacation rental in New York State to your bucket list!
Unique features: Hot Tub; chef’s kitchen; 4 acres of land; terrace; wood burning fireplace; pond; outdoor seating area
Cool sights nearby: Hopewell Depot Museum | Red Wing Park | Lake Walton Preserve | Dutchess Rail Trail | Sylvan Lake
6. Unique, Off-the-grid Cabin in NY
Location: Hudson, New York
Rates from: $88 per night
Accommodates: 2 guests
“Enjoy a quiet respite from the city in this architect-designed tiny house overlooking a meadow, deep in the woods. Located on 20 acres of land with private trails and Catskill-mountain views, this bespoke cabin feels blissfully far away from everything, yet it’s only a 15-minute drive from vibrant city of Hudson, NY. Experience a peaceful off-the-grid retreat —complete with hand-crank Victrola. Time moves slower here. The sky is closer. The stars, brighter.” – Airbnb
If you’re looking for a romantic Airbnb cabin in upstate New York, this is it!
Unique features: Quirky cabin on a 20-acre property; wood-burning stove; loft bedroom; weber grill
Cool sights nearby: Olana State Historic Site | Thomas Cole National Historic Site | Hudson Athens Lighthouse | Fireman’s Firefighting Museum | Cornelius H. Evans House
7. Charming Apartment – Hike From Your Doorstep
Location: Suffern, New York
Rates from: $160 per night
Accommodates: 2 Adults, 2 Children
Located in Suffern, New York, this Charming Apartment offers a unique blend of comfort and adventure. This vacation rental is a haven for those seeking a tranquil retreat, yet it’s conveniently located near a plethora of attractions.
The apartment itself is a testament to thoughtful design and comfort. It boasts a fully equipped kitchen, a cozy living room, and a comfortable bedroom, ensuring a homely atmosphere. The modern amenities, coupled with the rustic charm of the interior design, create a warm and inviting ambiance that immediately makes you feel at home.
But what sets this VRBO apart is its unique location. As the name suggests, you can literally hike from your doorstep. The apartment is situated in close proximity to Harriman State Park, a popular spot for outdoor enthusiasts. Here, you can immerse yourself in nature, explore miles of hiking trails, or simply enjoy a picnic while taking in the stunning views. In addition to the natural attractions, the apartment is also in close proximity of the New York Country Club, perfect for golf enthusiasts.
This Charming Apartment in Suffern, New York is the perfect choice for travelers seeking a peaceful retreat, surrounded by nature.
8. Unique NY Vacation Rental on Airbnb and VRBO
Location: DeRuyter, New York
Rates from: $497 per night
Accommodates: 12 guests
Experience the best of nature from this top vacation rental in Upstate NY. This New York cabin offers a private pool, oversized deck with plenty of outdoor furniture, and close proximity to many scenic sights, including mountains and lakes. What more could you want in a top VRBO in New York?
Location: Buffalo, New York
Rates from: $349 per night
Accommodates: 4 guests
This historic train-station-turned-Airbnb is one of the most unique vacation rentals imaginable. The Black Panther stayed here for 4 weeks, and it’s recognized as “Buffalo’s Most Unique Airbnb.” It was also featured on ‘You Live In What’ on HGTV. Enough said!
Looking to visit Buffalo anytime soon? Check out this local’s guide to the top fun things to do in Buffalo NY!
Unique features: Historic site dating back to 1897; widely covered in the press; pool and Jacuzzi; 2 blocks to bus/subway
Cool sights nearby: Hertel Ave commercial strip | Delaware Park | Buffalo Zoo | Buffalo Naval Park | Buffalo Museum of Science
10. Simple Bungalow: A Top Airbnb in the Finger Lakes Region of New York
Location: King Ferry, New York
Rates from: $112 per night
Accommodates: 4 guests
Looking for a unique Airbnb in the Finger Lakes region of New York? Then you won’t want to miss out on this budget-friendly vacation rental on Cayuga Lake. It’s not far from Niagara Falls and other noteworthy attractions in NY, but it totally feels like a hidden gem.
Here, you’ll be able to enjoy the best that the Finger Lakes, one of the most unique places in the US, has to offer. This includes swimming on the lake, wine tastings, leaf peeping, and so much more. It’s truly the perfect year-round retreat, making it among the top vacation homes for rent in New York.
Read next: 11 Coolest Airbnbs in the Finger Lakes
Unique features: Lakefront Airbnb; kayaks; fishing; golf; nearby wineries
Cool sights nearby: Long Point Winery | Moonshine Falls | Lucas Vineyards | Cornell University | Long Point State Park | Treleven Wines | Ithaca University
11. Casablanca on Cherry Island – A Top NY Vacation Rental on Airbnb and VRBO
Location: Alexandria Bay, New York
Rates from: $3000 per night
Accommodates: 16 guests
“For 125 years Casablanca on Cherry Island has charmed visitors with its beauty and uniqueness. It is a step back into history, interiors look the same as they were 100 years ago. Many articles have been written about Casablanca. Truly a memorable experience awaits you at Casablanca on Cherry-Island.” – Airbnb
If you’re looking for a memorable and unique Airbnb in New York for large groups of families/friends, this is your best bet! This Airbnb mansion truly has it all!
Read next: Coolest Mansion Rentals in the US
Unique features: Electric fountain; expansive porch; pump organ; labyrinth of master suites; be a part of “Millionaires Row”
Cool sights nearby: Boldt Castle | Heart Island | Keewaydin State Park | Sunken Rock Light | Wellesley Island State Park
12. Tiny House Airbnb in Upstate New York
Location: Barneveld, New York
Rates from: $293 per night
Accommodates: 3 guests
This tiny house is easily one of the coolest Airbnbs in New York. It was built in November 2020 and offers a cozy atmosphere with modern and luxurious amenities, including an outdoor hot tub. This unique NY rental also has large glass windows where you can enjoy unobstructed views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
Read next: Coolest Tiny House Rentals in America
Unique features: Tiny House Airbnb rental; private hot tub; 40-acre property; elegant interior décor; beautiful views of the countryside
Cool sights nearby: Prospect Falls Winery | Woodland Farm Brewery | Oriskany Battlefield State Historic Site | Delta Lake State Park
13. Hudson Valley Bali House Retreat – A Top NY Vacation Home for Large Groups
Location: Rosendale, New York
Rates from: $629 per night
Accommodates: 8 guests
“Enveloped by 7.5 acres of woodland, private pond and grassy pasture, it will lull you into its haven. This New York vacation home is the perfect marriage of the organic materials, handmade craftsmanship and the location that set you up in the peaceful state of mind when you spend some time here. After a few hours here your body clock settles into a restful pace. Comfort, serenity & feelings of well-being radiate in this place. With imported materials from Indonesia, this house was built by hand by the inhabitants of Bali.” – VRBO
Whether you’re in search of a family getaway or friend group trip, this is easily one of the best Upstate New York vacation rentals.
Unique features: Private pond; chef’s kitchen; hammocks; charcoal grill; board games; luxurious bathtub; fireplace
Cool sights nearby: Wallkill Valley Rail Trail | Rosendale Trestle | Joppenbergh Mountain | Table Rocks | Century House Historical Society Museum
14. The Castle Cottage Overlooking Lake George – Among the Most Unique Airbnbs in New York
Location: Bolton, New York
Rates from: $895 per night
Accommodates: 6 guests
“You provide the fairytale, and we’ll provide the castle. Whether it’s time with family & friends, honeymoon, royal vacation retreat, birthday or anniversary celebration, proposal location, girls weekend getaway, or any “experience” you can envision! From the moment you arrive, you’ll sense the tranquility that surrounds this enchanting property and you’ll be captivated by the most spectacular view in the world! The intrigue of the castle is matched only by its glorious vistas of Lake George & the Adirondack Mountains. Highlands Castle is incomparable to all other places. That is what sets us apart. You won’t find a more magical setting to share time with your loved ones.” – Airbnb
If you’re looking for a unique cottage rental on Lake George in NY, this is it!
Read next: Top Lake George Vacation Rentals
Unique features: Unique castle on a mountaintop; private terrace; spectacular views of Lake George and the Adirondack Mountains
Cool sights nearby: Shelving Rock Falls | Tongue Mountain Range Trails | Glen Island | Cat and Thomas Mountains | Buck Mountain Trail
15. Rooftop Loft in New York City
Location: Ridgewood (Queens), New York
Rates from: $421 per night
Accommodates: 5 guests
Looking for a unique Airbnb in New York City? Stay at this luxury vacation rental overlooking NYC, and you’ll never want to leave!
Unique features: Sweeping views of NYC; short walk to the train; large street view window; central A/C; balcony; keyless door locks
Cool sights nearby: Empire State Building | Central Park | Statue of Liberty | Battery Park | Times Square | Rockefeller Center
16. Mountain View Retreat Chalet – Among the Top Upstate New York Cabins
Location: Cold Spring, New York
Rates from: $643 per night
Accommodates: 11 guests
This unique Airbnb in the mountains of New York will leave you spellbound. If you don’t believe me, ask TIME OUT New York, who considers it the “best Airbnb in Hudson Valley.” With stunning mountain views and all the amenities, this rustic chalet is the perfect vacation rental for large groups looking to experience upstate New York.
Read next: Coolest Retreats in North America
Unique features: Hot tub; indoor fireplace; portable fire pit; gas grill; large deck; mountain views
Cool sights nearby: Hudson Highlands State Park | Boscobel House and Gardens | Bull Hill | Bannerman Castle | Storm King State Park
17. One of a Kind Treehouse on the Genesee River
Location: Belfast, New York
Rates from: $150 per night
Accommodates: 4 guests
Tucked away in the serene landscapes of Belfast, NY, the One of a Kind Treehouse on the Genesee River is a unique vacation rental that promises an unforgettable experience. This VRBO listing is an adventurer’s paradise, offering a perfect blend of rustic charm and modern comforts.
The treehouse is a cozy, two-bedroom cabin that can comfortably sleep four guests. The first bedroom features a double bed, while the second offers a twin bunk bed, making it an ideal choice for families or small groups. The outdoor shower adds a touch of adventure to your stay, while the half bathroom ensures your comfort.
The location of the treehouse is a nature lover’s dream. It’s situated right on the Genesee River, offering plenty of opportunities for water activities. The Genesee Valley Greenway State Park is a mere 19-minute walk away, offering a plethora of outdoor activities. For those willing to venture a bit further, Rushford Lake and Cuba Lake are just a short drive away.
The One of a Kind Treehouse on the Genesee River is not just an accommodation; it’s an experience. It offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in nature while enjoying the comforts of a cozy cabin. Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast or just looking for a peaceful retreat, this treehouse is the perfect getaway.
18. Eco Tiny House on Lake Placid
Location: Lake Placid, New York
Rates from: $91 per night
Accommodates: 3 guests
“A unique, new and eco-friendly “Tiny Home” built with style and comfort in mind. Voted top ten most unique places to stay in the Adirondacks by NY Upstate. This two-bedroom house is great for families and couples alike. Located just minutes outside of Lake Placid. It’s convenient to all things fun.” – Airbnb
For nature lovers, it doesn’t get any better than this New York vacation rental on Lake Placid!
Unique features: eco-friendly tiny house; Scandinavian design; heated floors; screened in porch; fire pit
Cool sights nearby: Mirror Lake | Lake Placid Winter Olympic Museum | John Brown Farm State Historic Site | Whiteface Mountain | Mount Van Hoevenberg | Lake Placid
19. Bright and Serene Barn Airbnb in NY
Location: Red Hook, New York
Rates from: $333 per night
Accommodates: 5 guests
“A bright, serene space with reclaimed fixtures and hidden nooks throughout, the barn is surrounded by a wildlife-filled meadow. Full of light and divisions created by old window sashes, the space holds an open feeling while still harboring hidden nooks for curling up with a good book. The big windows face an upward sloping meadow, a veritable bird sanctuary much of the year. The interior is serene with a cozy fireplace for winter.” – Airbnb
With so much charm and personality, this is definitely one of the most unique Airbnbs in New York. I can’t imagine a cozier place to do a cold immersion then this top NY vacation rental.
Unique features: Indoor fireplace; BBQ grill; ping pong; pinball; pet-friendly
Cool sights nearby: Falling Waters Preserve | Elmendorph Inn | Catskill Animal Sanctuary | Robert E Post Memorial Park | Northern Dutchess Botanical Gardens
20. Cozy Cub Cabin in Upstate NY
Location: Hague, New York
Rates from: $299 per night
Accommodates: 12 guests
Tucked away on the mountainside, just a short 2-mile journey from the shimmering waters of Lake George, the Cozy Cub Cabin offers a sanctuary for those seeking a blend of rustic charm and modern comforts. As you step inside, the warmth of the fireplace greets you, setting the tone for a cozy retreat.
This cabin, with its 2 spacious bedrooms, can comfortably host up to 7 guests. The Bear’s Lair boasts a luxurious king bed, while the Treetop Loft offers a combination of queen and twin beds, ensuring a restful night for all. The cabin’s amenities, from the fully-equipped Kitchen to the Washer and Dryer, ensure every convenience is at your fingertips.
Outside, the Hot Tub beckons, promising relaxation as you soak amidst nature. The Gazebo offers a shaded spot to enjoy the fresh mountain air, perhaps with a book in hand or simply soaking in the tranquility.
For those who love exploring, Lake George is a mere 6-minute drive away, offering water activities and scenic views. Golf enthusiasts can head to the Ticondroga Country Club, just a 15-minute drive, while history buffs might find the Ticonderoga Heritage Museum intriguing, located 19 minutes away.
As such, the Cozy Cub Cabin is not just an accommodation. It’s an invitation to experience the beauty of Hague, NY, and the allure of nature’s embrace.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about unique Airbnbs in New York State
Looking to dive deeper into how to find an Airbnb in New York? Here are some popular questions you should know about.
What types of unique Airbnbs will you find in Upstate New York?
Upstate New York, with its diverse landscapes and rich history, offers a plethora of unique Airbnb experiences that cater to all tastes and preferences. Here are some of the distinctive types of Airbnbs you can find in this enchanting region:
- Rustic Cabins: Nestled in the heart of the Adirondacks or the Catskills, these cabins provide a cozy retreat, often complete with wood-burning stoves, panoramic mountain views, and direct access to hiking trails.
- Converted Barns: Experience the charm of staying in a renovated barn, where rustic architecture meets modern amenities. These spaces often boast high ceilings, open floor plans, and a touch of rural nostalgia.
- Lakefront Cottages: Situated along the shores of the Finger Lakes or Lake George, these cottages offer serene views, private docks, and a plethora of water activities, from kayaking to fishing.
- Historic Mansions: Step back in time by staying in grand estates or historic homes, often adorned with antiques, intricate woodwork, and stories of the past.
- Treehouses: Elevate your travel experience, quite literally, by staying in a treehouse. Surrounded by nature, these unique accommodations offer a bird’s-eye view of the forest and a sense of whimsy.
- Geodesic Domes: For a futuristic yet nature-immersed experience, these dome-shaped structures provide a unique blend of architecture and the outdoors, often with large windows or skylights to stargaze.
- Converted Train Cars: Relive the golden age of rail travel by staying in a refurbished train car or caboose, often situated in scenic locations with a touch of nostalgia.
Is Airbnb in New York State cheaper than hotels?
The cost of staying in an Airbnb versus a hotel in New York State can vary widely based on several factors. Here’s a breakdown to help you understand the differences:
- Location: In popular tourist areas like New York City, Niagara Falls, or the Hamptons, hotel prices can be quite high, especially during peak seasons. In such areas, you might find that renting an Airbnb, especially if you’re traveling with a group and can split costs, might be more cost-effective. Conversely, in more remote or less touristy areas, local inns or bed-and-breakfast establishments might offer competitive rates compared to Airbnbs.
- Duration of Stay: For extended stays, Airbnb often provides better value as many hosts offer discounts for weekly or monthly bookings. Hotels typically charge per night and might not offer the same level of discounts for longer stays.
- Amenities: Hotels usually come with a range of amenities like daily housekeeping, room service, fitness centers, and concierge services. If you value these services, the higher cost might be justified. On the other hand, Airbnbs often offer home-like comforts such as kitchens, which can save you money on dining out.
- Type of Accommodation: The diversity of Airbnb listings means you can find everything from a shared room in an apartment to an entire luxury home. A shared room or private room in an Airbnb might be much cheaper than a hotel room, while a full luxury home or unique property (like a treehouse or historic mansion) might be comparably priced or even more expensive than upscale hotels.
- Season: During peak tourist seasons or major events, hotel prices can surge. Airbnb prices might also increase, but you might still find some hidden gems or deals, especially if you book well in advance.
Is New York a good place for Airbnb?
New York, both the state and especially New York City, has been a popular destination for Airbnb guests due to its diverse attractions, cultural significance, and global appeal. Here’s a breakdown of why New York can be considered a good place for Airbnb:
- Diverse Offerings: New York State offers a wide range of experiences, from the urban allure of New York City to the natural beauty of the Adirondacks, Catskills, and Finger Lakes. This diversity means there’s a demand for a variety of accommodations, from chic city apartments to rustic mountain cabins.
- Tourist Appeal: New York City is one of the world’s top tourist destinations, attracting millions of visitors annually. Landmarks like Times Square, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Broadway shows are significant draws. Beyond the city, attractions like Niagara Falls, wineries, ski resorts, and hiking trails attract many visitors.
- Business Hub: NYC is a global business hub, hosting numerous conferences, conventions, and business meetings. This creates demand for short-term rentals.
- Cultural & Academic Institutions: With its myriad museums, theaters, universities, and cultural festivals, there’s always an influx of visitors looking for convenient and homely accommodations.
- Flexibility & Variety: Airbnb offers flexibility that traditional hotels might not, such as the option to rent a shared room, a private room, or an entire place. This caters to a broader range of budgets and preferences.
Is New York an expensive vacation destination?
New York, particularly New York City, is often considered one of the more expensive vacation destinations in the United States. Here’s what contributes to its reputation as a pricier destination:
- Accommodation: Hotels in New York City, especially in popular areas like Manhattan, can be costly. While there are budget options and outer borough accommodations available, prime locations generally come with a higher price tag.
- Dining: NYC boasts a vast array of dining options, from high-end restaurants to food trucks. While you can find affordable eats, especially in ethnic neighborhoods or local delis, dining in trendier or upscale establishments can quickly add up.
- Attractions: Many of the city’s iconic attractions have entrance fees. Venues like the Empire State Building, Top of the Rock, Broadway shows, and certain museums can be pricey. However, there are also free attractions and events, such as Central Park, the Staten Island Ferry, and many street festivals.
- Transportation: While the subway system is relatively affordable and efficient, frequent use of taxis or rideshares can increase costs. Parking in the city is also notoriously expensive if you’re considering renting a car.
- Shopping: NYC is a shopping mecca, with everything from luxury boutiques on Fifth Avenue to unique finds in Brooklyn’s flea markets. Depending on your shopping habits, this can significantly impact your budget.
- Tours and Experiences: Guided tours, cruises, and special experiences, like helicopter rides over Manhattan, add to the vacation cost.
- Seasonality: Prices for accommodation and some activities can surge during peak tourist seasons, holidays, and special events.
Coolest Airbnbs in New York: Treehouses, Cabins, Tiny Houses, and More!
Rent a house for vacation in New York and you’ll be amazed by the experience! Whether you’re a solo adventurer seeking solitude, a couple looking for a romantic getaway, or a family eager to explore, there’s a best Airbnb in New York with your name on it. So, let go of the familiar and embark on a journey through New York State, where every corner holds a promise of adventure. Ready to discover yours?
Have you stayed in any unique Airbnbs or vacation rentals in NY? Let me know in the comments, as I’m always looking to add to this list of the best Airbnbs in New York!
If you’re looking for more unique destinations in the northeast USA, check out these destinations: