- visit our website at https://www.myglobalviewpoint.com (“Website”),
- engage with us in any other related way, including any sales, marketing, email subscriptions, or events.
What personal information do we collect?
When you access the Website, as appropriate, we may collect information about you during your visit. You may be asked to enter your name, email address, or other details to help you with your experience. Upon subscribing to this website, we may send you free newsletters and emails that promote the use of this site. When you receive such emails, you always have the option to stop receiving communications from us. You can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email.
Additional non-personal information may be passively collected when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information may include information such as: device information, IP address, browser, operating system, language preferences, location information, referring URLs, how you use our Services, and other technical information.
When do we collect information?
We actively collect PII from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, comment on a post, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or enter information on the site.
Additional PII and non-personal information may be passively or automatically collected by us or third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks, or other partners using automated means while you are using the Website or any of the Services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain this Website.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To enable user-to-user communications.
- To improve our website, including security and fraud prevention.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for feedback, ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (i.e. email inquiries).
- To save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm to oneself or others.
- To comply with the law.
How long do we keep your information?
Subject to requirements to delete information, we will retain PII for as long (i) as your account is active, (ii) as we believe is reasonable necessary to operate our Website, conduct our business, serve our users, or (iii) as otherwise required by law.
How do we protect your information?
We use a variety of technical and organizational methodologies to protect your PII and our business. However, no system is foolproof, nor can we guarantee that your information is 100% secure.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular malware scanning.
The Company may use software programs to summarize statistics, which are used for purposes such as checking the number of visitors to the different parts of our site, discovering what information is of most and least interest, determining website design specifications, and identifying system performance or issue areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this website remains available to all visitors, the Company uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise damage the website.
Yes. Some content on the Website are served by third-party cookies, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. They are used to understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity. We do not control these third-party cookies or tracking systems, or how they may be used. Cookies may be used to help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Furthermore, the About Cookies website provides insightful guidance on this topic.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. The Website should still work properly, although some site experience options may be more limited or impaired.
The Cookies We Set
We may set the following cookies as part of your visit to this site:
- Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
We may add additional cookies in the future, as new features or additional functionality is added to the site.
Third Party Cookies
- Third-party analytics, including Google Analytics, may be used to track and measure usage of this site.
- From time to time, we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while using the Services while ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, Spotify, Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
If you still have questions about cookies on this site and how we use this information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In general, we do not sell, trade, disclose, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless we provide users with advance notice, except as described herein. However, we may share or transfer your PII with third-parties that we believe are reasonable necessary to operate our Website, conduct our business, serve our users, and other purposes to deliver our Services.
Categories of third parties that we may now or in the future share your PII with include ad networks, ad retargeting platforms, affiliate marketing companies, cloud computing services, communication and collaboration tools, data analytics services, data storage providers, finance and accounting tools, government entities, order fulfillment providers, payment processors, performance monitoring tools, product engineering and design tools or teams, sales and marketing tools, social networks, testing tools, user account services, and website hosting service providers.
Specifically, your information may be transferred to the following businesses or collection of businesses (privacy policies linked in company name):
- Mailchimp, the email newsletter provider for this company
- Google, for website analytics
- Automattic, maker of Akismet, to prevent unwanted spam in website comments
- Facebook and Pinterest, for ad retargeting campaigns
- Mediavine, advertising network that manages the ads on this website
- AvantLink, Awin & ShareASale, CJ Affiliate, and Impact, for affiliate marketing
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Additionally, your PII may be shared in the following situations:
- Business partners. We may share your PII with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Business transfer. We may share or transfer your PII during, or in contemplation of, a business merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- General information. We may disclose aggregated, non-PII about how our users, collectively, use our Service.
- Law enforcement. We may share or transfer your PII when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
- Other users. When you use our Services, some information may be shared to other users of our Services, such as when you comment on a post or otherwise participate in user facing forums, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may even be available outside the registered users of the Services. If you interact with our Services through a social network, your contacts on that social network may be able to see how and in what manner you interact with the Services.
At our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Some of the third-party products or services that we may link to will be for affiliate companies, each of whom may collect personal information when you interact with our site, the affiliate management company, or the retail sites individually. The collection and use of this information is subject to various privacy policies of each company.
In addition, external links are sometimes used on this site to direct you to further information regarding a particular topic. We accept no responsibility for the content in these links, as they are solely provided as an additional resource. When you choose to access these links, we encourage you to carefully read the privacy statements of each website.
Our Services may contain embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, social media posts, etc). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Marketing and Promotional Communications
We may collect your email address in conjunction with providing Services to you. You may opt-out of marketing or promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us. However, we may still communicate with you for other purposes, including, but not limited to, service-related messages, respond to inquiries or service requests, and other non-marketing purposes.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 18 years old. Furthermore, if you are under the age of 18, you need parental permission to use this site and are prohibited from using this site without such permission.
If a parent or guardian believes that we have personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 and wishes for that information to be deleted, please contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Location Dependent Privacy Rights
Some jurisdictions have passed laws that protect your PII in different ways, including greater access to and control over your PII. These jurisdictions include Canada, European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and the United States and specific states therein. These laws may include the right to (i) request access and obtain a copy of your PII, (ii) to request deletion or erasure, (iii) to restrict processing your PII, and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In some circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your PII.
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with the applicable data protection or privacy laws.
In situations where we rely on your consent, express or implied, to process your PII, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your PII conducted in reliance on lawful grounds other than consent.
Canada’s Personal Information Protect and Electronic Documents Act
While this website is based in and targeted to consumers in the United States, we understand that users may be located in Canada. To the extent that the Personal Information Protect and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) may be applicable to this site, we may process your PII when you explicitly given us permission or in situations where you have implied consent. In addition, we may be legally permitted to process your PII without your consent to complete business transactions, investigate and prevent fraud, comply with legal process including subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of court, and preventing harm to third parties.
General Data Protection Regulation
While this website is based in and targeted to consumers in the United States, we understand that users may be located in GDPR or UK GDPR jurisdictions. To the extent that the GDPR may be applicable to this site, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your PII:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission or consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Legal obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, including, but not limited to, cooperation with law enforcement, regulatory agency, or court.
- Vital interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of a third-party, including, but not limited to, to prevent harm to you or any other person.
If there are any questions regarding these policies, you may contact us via our contact page, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Miksis Media LLC, 8333 W Mcnab Rd, Tamarac, FL 33321.
Looking for some travel inspiration?
Check out the links below to see what’s new in the Global Viewpoint world!