Looking for an inflatable cold plunge that can act as a cold and hot tub? The Edge Tub by Edge Theory Labs has got you covered.
In the biohacking space, nothing is making more of a ripple than cold plunges. The practice of cold water immersion (CWI) has been around a long time, but it wasn’t until recently when it went mainstream. Celebrities, influencers, and athletes swear by it – promoting cold immersion as a part of their daily routines.
Perhaps there’s no better advocate for cold water therapy than Wim Hof, also known as The Iceman. He has inspired millions around the world with his method of breathwork and cold exposure, including the founders of the Edge ice bath themselves.
There are many cold tub products out there, ranging from DIY ice baths and glorified trash barrels to chic cedar tubs. However, up until now, there hasn’t been a solution appealing to the masses. Enter the Edge Cold Tub by Edge Theory Labs.
I’ve tried out over 20 different types of cold plunges, and the Edge Theory Labs tub really stands out among the rest. It’s super comfortable, portable, and easy-to-use, which is why I own it and use it daily. Without further ado, here’s my review of this inflatable cold plunge.
A quick look at the Edge Tub by Edge Theory Labs
Launched in April 2022, The Edge cold tub is the ultimate portable and inflatable tub. It seamlessly fits in a backpack and can be taken anywhere, making it a great solution for events like athletic competitions, road races, and wellness retreats.
The Edge Tub is also an iceless ice bath, meaning that you don’t have to buy copious amounts of ice to keep it cool. It has a built-in cooling system that brings the water down to 37°F (2.8°C) in just a couple of hours. The 1 HP chilling unit is the most powerful I’ve seen. This makes the Edge Tub one of the coldest ice bath products on the market.
If you’re looking to make the plunge into the incredible world of cold immersion, keep reading. Here’s everything you need to know about The Edge Tub, the world’s first all-in-one, portable cold tub.
Edge Theory Labs at a glance
Based in San Diego, California, Edge Theory Labs is quickly becoming a leader in the cold plunge space. It was founded by Joshua and Rob Church, two cousins who share a burning passion for personal growth and cold-water therapy.
I met Joshua at an Iceland retreat last winter and was super impressed by his knowledge of cold immersion. Like me, he’s made cold water therapy a central part of his daily ritual. It was just a matter of time before he transformed his enthusiasm into a tangible product that can improve the lives of many.
How Edge Theory Labs’ cold plunge is answering market demand
Cold immersion offers countless scientific benefits, ranging from muscle recovery to boosting the immune system. It’s no wonder, then, that cold plunges are gaining steam across the world.
With its flagship product, the Edge Tub, the company is answering the market’s ever-growing need for portable cold tubs. Sure, you can jump into a trash barrel or chest freezer full of ice. But there’s something to be said about having your own dedicated cold plunge. There are several freestanding tubs on the market with similar capabilities, but most go for $10,000-$15,000. At $4,990 a pop, the Edge Tub offers a premium product with more power and durability than other portable and inflatable tubs. This puts Edge Theory Labs in a unique position among existing competitors.
Their motto is that “greatness happens at the edge of your comfort zone” and that’s exactly where The Edge Tub brings you. Submerging yourself in ice cold water will help you find your edge, and willpower will help you push beyond it.
Ready to take a deeper dive into the Edge Tub? Here’s what you ought to know about this incredible cold immersion tub.
My experience using the Edge ice bath
Before jumping into all the specs and other details about the Edge Labs cold tub, let me first give you a brief overview of my experience using it.
Before getting the Edge Tub for my home, I used it about 5 or 6 times…both indoors and outdoors. Right off the bat, I was amazed by how comfortable it was and how easy it was to assemble. And unlike the other popular cold tubs out there, this inflatable cold tub is portable – meaning that you don’t need an army of strong people to carry it around.
During a retreat in Mexico, there was a group of 13 of us who used the tub. Even though the Edge Theory ice bath was parked outside under the hot summer sun in Mexico, the water managed to stay cold for a long period of time. So from the get-go, I was impressed with the product and began to envision where I would put it in my home once I got to own it.
My experience owning the Edge Tub
For many businesses, the relationship ends the moment you receive the product. This is a totally different story with Edge Theory Labs.
As soon as the tub arrived at my house, the journey began. I got an email from the team linking to their mobile app. From there, I could engage with other members of the Edge Tub community and attend online events. They also have lots of helpful tips to assemble the Edge Theory Labs tub and how to take advantage of this innovative product.
In the intro email, they sent out a 7-minute instructional video, which I used to setup the tub in less than than 10 minutes. From there, I was off to the races!
I’m a firm believer in the power of proximity. Before getting the Edge Tub, I would have to drive 25 minutes to a local gym to use their polar plunge. By having the Edge Tub in my living room, I am 10x more likely to use it. In fact, I’d have to go out of my way not to use it, which means I end up jumping in it every morning.
I have never felt better since owning the Edge Ice Bath – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Though it ain’t easy on some cold winter mornings, it’s 100% worth it to reach my highest performance in life. Below are some of the top features and specifications of this inflatable cold plunge pool.
Highlights of using the Edge Tub
Priced at just under $5k, The Edge Tub is a significant investment. As such, it’s most suitable for people (and organizations) who do cold immersion regularly. If you’re new to cold plunges, you’re better off starting with DIY ice baths and cheaper models before working up to this one.
Here are some things I find most unique and interesting about The Edge Tub:
– The Edge Cold Tub has an ergonomic design that allows you to sit comfortably inside. It’s 47 inches long, 25 inches tall, and 24 inches wide. I’m 6’4” and I can fit well in a reclining position with my knees bent.
– It can be used as a hot tub and a cold tub. The 1.0 horsepower compressor can cool the tub to 37°F (2.8°C) and heat it up to 105°F (40.6°C).
– The tub contains an advanced filtration system that fully renews the water every 15 minutes. This makes it clean and suitable for gyms and wellness spas with high-volume usage.
– Unlike many other tubs and pools out there, The Edge Tub uses an EPA-approved, non-chlorine sanitizer that is clean and safe.
– Though the Edge cold plunge is inflatable, you wouldn’t know it by how sturdy it is. The tub uses military-grade technology and has the same material as inflatable paddleboards and boats.
– You can adjust the chiller settings remotely using a smartphone application on your phone. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection to toggle between warm/cold settings.
– The Edge Tub weights 25 lbs. and fits in a backpack. This makes it one of the most portable cold tubs out there.
Looking to get an Edge Tub? Check out my referral link here and be sure to use my coupon code: JON150 to save $150!
Who should buy the Edge Tub?
– People who regularly practice cold immersion and are tired of filling up trash cans and chest freezers with ice
– Owners of gyms and wellness centers that want to stand apart from the rest
– Folks who want a tub that offers hot and cold temperatures
– Retreat hosts and event organizers who want a dedicated cold tub that’s easy to transport
– High performing athletes and business professionals looking to enhance their muscle recovery
– Everyday people who care about their health and wellness will love the Edge Cold Tub
Who shouldn’t get an Edge Tub?
– People who are new to cold immersion and don’t know if they want to do it long term
– Folks looking for a budget cold plunge tub are better off with a cheaper alternative on Amazon
– Those looking for a freestanding tub rather than an inflatable one may opt for an alternative to the Edge cold plunge
My tips for using the Edge ice bath
1. Position Your Body for Maximum Impact: The Edge Tub has plenty of space, so be sure to bend your knees (if needed) to submerge your body up to your neck. This will allow your Vagus nerve, the most important component of the parasympathetic nervous system, to reap the anti-inflammatory benefits of cold plunging.
2. Best time of day to use the Edge Tub: You can’t go wrong with an Edge cold plunge anytime of day. However, I like to start my day with a polar plunge to get a boost of energy and focus. It’s also great to use before bed, as it leads to a feeling of relaxation and calm.
3. Add ice to bring cold plunge temperature to 32°F: The Edge cold plunge has a built-in cooling system that brings the temperature down to 37°F. If you’re someone who wants to make it colder, add a bag of ice cubes. It’s safe to do so and it will give you that Wim Hof ice bath experience you’re looking for.
4. Take advantage of built-in financing options: The Edge Tub offers financing through Affirm for as low as $174/month. If you qualify for 0% APR, definitely take advantage of this. Given that this is a pricey product, having a 0% loan with no credit check can help make this product significantly more affordable.
Other things to consider before buying The Edge Tub
In addition to the information above, here are some other important items to consider before getting the tub:
What comes with The Edge Tub?
The base price for The Edge Tub includes the following:
– Inflatable cold tub
– Chiller unit
– Double-action hand pump
– Backpack for transporting the tub
– Insulated cover
– Initial sanitizer kit
– Hand swimmer net
How long does it take to set up?
The set up and takedown process is easy and straightforward. It takes about 15 minutes to assemble the tub, inflate it with air, and fill it with water. From there, it takes around 2-3 hours to fully cool down or heat up the tub.
Warranties and guarantees
The Edge Tub comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and a 1-year limited warranty. In my opinion, this alleviates many of the risks associated with buying a new product.
Where to buy The Edge Tub
Edge Theory Labs: Ice bath specifications
Looking for some technical details about the Edge Theory Labs tub? Here’s some product specifications about the control unit and the inflatable tub itself:
|Net Weight:||25 lbs (tub); 50 lbs (power unit)|
|Edge Tub dimensions:||47″ x 25″ x 24″|
|Power Supply:||120v/60hz (integrated GFCI)|
|Tub Capacity:||75 gallons (283 liters)|
|Cooling Capacity:||10,000 BTU/hr (3050w)|
|Heating Capacity:||12,500 BTU/hr (3780w)|
|Product Material:||Drop stitch fabric|
|Remote Wi-Fi Access:||2.4 ghz network|
|Operating Ambient Temperature:||35ºF -105ºF|
With its state-of-the-art cooling and heating capacities, it’s no wonder the Edge ice bath is the best portable cold plunge in 2023.
Final takeaways on the Edge Tub by Edge Theory Labs
The Edge Tub is a luxurious cold plunge option for high performers and health-conscious individuals. It’s made from durable, high-quality materials and can be used at home and on the road. No plumbers or electricians required.
One thing that sets The Edge Tub apart from others is that it can be both a hot and cold tub. Other models with the same feature can cost twice as much.
If you’re someone who loves ice baths, this is a worthwhile long-term investment. The Edge Cold Tub requires minimal maintenance and provides consistent cold water without needing any ice. It’s clean, safe, cold, and easy to use – the perfect recipe for a polar plunge. Join Mike Posner, Auston Matthews, Gary Brecka, Austin Keen, Zack Moss and others who swear by the Edge Tub!
Is The Edge Tub worth it?
If you have the space and money, the Edge ice bath is 100% worth it. Though it’s costly up front, you will save in the long term by not having to buy bags of ice from the store.
The Edge Tub is a superior product relative to its competitors – offering a lower ice bath temperature, increased portability, easier setup and assembly, and a more powerful cooling system. The Edge cold plunge is built to last, so if you’re someone who doesn’t put a price on your physical and mental health, then it’s a great fit for you.
Edge Theory Labs is a great company with a high-quality product and superb customer service. They host events all over the country demo’ing their product and helping people find their edge. And unlike the industrial ice bath companies out there, Edge Theory is a family-run business.
If you’re seeking an inflatable cold plunge, there’s no better one currently on the market than this.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Edge Theory Labs and their Edge ice bath
Here are some popular questions (and answers) about the Edge Theory Labs tubs and the company as a whole.
Who is the founder of Edge Theory Labs?
Edge Theory Labs was founded by Joshua Church and Rob Church, two cousins who live in Southern California. Joshua has a background in personal development and business operations while Rob’s expertise covers engineering and supply chain operations.
How is the Edge ice bath different from The Cold Plunge?
Both Edge Theory Labs and The Cold Plunge are top contenders in the cold immersion space. The Cold Plunge is a freestanding tub that weighs around 150lbs (68 kg) while The Edge Theory Labs tub is a portable and inflatable ice bath that weighs just 25 lbs (11 kg) and fits into a backpack. Each tub has their own advantages, so it all comes down to personal preference.
What is the Edge Theory Labs company website (and contact info)?
Looking to get in touch with the Edge Theory Labs team? Check out their official website www.edgetheorylabs.com or shoot them an email at email@example.com. Also, be sure to follow them on Instagram!
Find your edge with more cold immersion content
Hope you enjoyed reading this review on Edge Theory Labs and its inflatable cold plunge! Looking for more cold immersion content beyond The Edge Tub? Read below: