In the biohacking space, nothing is making more of a ripple than cold plunges. The practice of cold water immersion (CWI) has been around a long time, but it wasn’t until recently when it went mainstream. Celebrities, influencers, and athletes swear by it – promoting cold immersion as a part of their daily routines. There are many cold tub products out there, ranging from DIY ice baths and glorified trash barrels to chic cedar tubs. However, up until now, there hasn’t been a solution appealing to the masses. Enter the Edge Cold Tub by Edge Theory Labs.
Launched in April 2022, The Edge cold tub is the ultimate portable and inflatable tub. It seamlessly fits in a backpack and can be taken anywhere, making it a great solution for events like athletic competitions, road races, and wellness retreats.
The Edge Tub is also an iceless ice bath, meaning that you don’t have to buy copious amounts of ice to keep it cool. Instead, it has a built-in cooling system that brings the water down to 37°F (2.8°C) in just a couple of hours. This makes the Edge Tub one of the coldest ice bath products on the market. What’s cooler than being cool? Ice cold!
If you’re looking to make the plunge into the incredible world of cold immersion, keep reading. Here’s everything you need to know about The Edge Tub, the world’s first all-in-one, portable cold tub.
Edge Theory Labs at a glance
Based in San Diego, California, Edge Theory Labs is quickly becoming a leader in the cold plunge space. It was founded by Joshua and Rob Church, two cousins who share a burning passion for personal growth and cold-water therapy.
I met Joshua at an Iceland retreat last winter and was super impressed by his knowledge of cold immersion. Like me, he’s made cold water therapy a central part of his daily ritual. It was just a matter of time before he transformed his enthusiasm into a tangible product that can improve the lives of many.
How Edge Theory Labs’ cold plunge is answering market demand
Cold immersion offers countless scientific benefits, ranging from muscle recovery to boosting the immune system. It’s no wonder, then, that cold plunges are gaining steam across the world.
With its flagship product, the Edge Tub, the company is answering the market’s ever-growing need for portable cold tubs. Sure, you can jump into a trash barrel or chest freezer full of ice, but there’s something to be said about having your own dedicated cold plunge. There are several freestanding tubs on the market with similar capabilities, but most go for $10,000. At $4,990 a pop, the Edge Tub offers a premium product with more power and durability than other portable and inflatable tubs. This puts Edge Theory Labs in a unique position among existing competitors.
Their motto is that “greatness happens at the edge of your comfort zone” and that’s exactly where The Edge Tub brings you. Submerging yourself in ice cold water will help you find your edge, and willpower will help you push beyond it.
Ready to take a deeper dive into the Edge Tub? Here’s what you ought to know about this incredible cold immersion tub.
Highlights of using the Edge Tub
Priced at just under $5k, The Edge Tub is a significant investment. As such, it’s most suitable for people (and organizations) who do cold immersion regularly. If you’re new to cold plunges, you’re better off starting with DIY ice baths and cheaper models before working up to this one.
Here are some of the things I find most unique and interesting about The Edge Tub:
– The Edge Cold Tub has an ergonomic design that allows you to sit comfortably inside. It’s 47 inches long, 25 inches tall, and 24 inches wide. I’m 6’4” and I can fit well in a reclining position with my knees bent.
– It can be used as a hot tub and a cold tub. The 1.0 horsepower compressor can cool the tub to 37°F (2.8°C) and heat it up to 105°F (40.6°C).
– The tub contains an advanced filtration system that fully renews the water every 15 minutes. This makes it clean and suitable for gyms and wellness spas with high-volume usage.
– Unlike many other tubs and pools out there, The Edge Tub uses an EPA-approved, non-chlorine sanitizer that is clean and safe.
– Though the Edge cold plunge is inflatable, you wouldn’t know it by how sturdy it is. The tub uses military-grade technology and has the same material as inflatable paddleboards and boats.
– You can adjust the chiller settings remotely using a smartphone application on your phone. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection to toggle between warm/cold settings.
– The Edge Tub weights 25 lbs. and fits in a backpack. This makes it one of the most portable cold tubs out there.
Looking to get an Edge Tub? Check out my referral link here and be sure to use my coupon code: JON150 to save $150!
Who should buy the Edge Tub?
– People who regularly practice cold immersion and are tired of filling up trash cans and chest freezers with ice
– Owners of gyms and wellness centers that want to stand apart from the rest
– Folks who want a tub that offers hot and cold temperatures
– Retreat hosts and event organizers who want a dedicated cold tub that’s easy to transport
– High performing athletes and business professionals looking to enhance their muscle recovery
– Everyday people who care about their health and wellness will love the Edge Cold Tub
Who shouldn’t get an Edge Tub?
– People who are new to cold immersion and don’t know if they want to do it long term
– Folks looking for a budget cold plunge tub are better off with a cheaper alternative on Amazon
– Those looking for a freestanding tub rather than an inflatable one may opt for an alternative to the Edge cold plunge
Other things to consider before buying The Edge Tub
In addition to the information above, here are some other important items to consider before getting the tub:
What comes with The Edge Tub?
The base price for The Edge Tub includes the following:
– Inflatable cold tub
– Chiller unit
– Double-action hand pump
– Backpack for transporting the tub
– Insulated cover
– Initial sanitizer kit
– Hand swimmer net
How long does it take to set up?
The set up and takedown process is easy and straightforward. It takes about 15 minutes to assemble the tub, inflate it with air, and fill it with water. From there, it takes around 2-3 hours to fully cool down or heat up the tub.
Warranties and guarantees
The Edge Tub comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and a 1-year limited warranty. In my opinion, this alleviates many of the risks associated with buying a new product.
Where to buy The Edge Tub
You can buy The Edge Tub and its accessories directly through the Edge Theory Labs website. Be sure to use my coupon code: JON150 to save $150!
Final takeaways on the Edge Tub by Edge Theory Labs
The Edge Tub is a luxurious cold plunge option for high performers and health-conscious individuals. It’s made from durable, high-quality materials and can be used at home and on the road. No plumbers or electricians required.
One thing that sets The Edge Tub apart from others is that it can be both a hot and cold tub. Other models with the same feature can cost twice as much.
If you’re someone who loves ice baths, this is a worthwhile long-term investment. The Edge Cold Tub requires minimal maintenance and provides consistent cold water without needing any ice. It’s clean, safe, cold, and easy to use – the perfect recipe for a polar plunge. Join Mike Posner, Auston Matthews, Gary Brecka, Austin Keen, Zack Moss and others who swear by the Edge Tub!
Edge Theory Labs – Company contact info
Looking to get in touch with the Edge Theory Labs team? Check out their official website www.edgetheorylabs.com or shoot them an email at email@example.com. Also, be sure to follow them on Instagram!
Looking to buy an Edge Tub? Click on my referral link and use my coupon code: JON150 to save $150!