The best adventure quotes evoke passion, inspiration, and excitement. They kick our adrenaline into high gear, prompting us to get off the couch and explore the unknown.
As a travel blogger, I am always on the hunt for adventure quotes that motivate me to dig deeper and be better. I’ve visited over 45 countries, partaking in epic adventures including a Wim Hof retreat in Iceland and backpacking trips in national parks. I lean on these motivational adventure quotes to pump me up, push me beyond my limits, and connect with my higher self.
Inspirational adventure quotes are my favorite, but I also really enjoy reading funny, famous, and nature-oriented ones.
Sometimes, all it takes is one adventure life quote to fuel the thought train that gets you moving and kicking ass. Whenever I’m feeling down or having a bad day, I’ll read quotes about adventure to nourish my adventurous spirit. Once the spark is there, the flame quickly follows. Then, I’m well on my way to doing something bold and courageous!
Below are my favorite quotes on adventure that cover all aspects of the hero’s journey. Each of these powerful sayings will get you moving towards new horizons. It won’t be long until you are moving full speed ahead towards your goals and soul purpose. Who knows, maybe you’ll be skydiving after reading this piece? Time will tell.
Looking to fuel your wanderlust? Here’s my round-up of my go-to quotes about traveling.
Table of Contents
Top 30 Best Adventure Quotes
1. “Adventure is a mindset, not a destination.” – Anonymous
2. “The only way to escape the ordinary is to explore the extraordinary.” – Jon Miksis
3. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
This adventure life quote by Lao Tzu is truly timeless. It teaches us that the best adventures often come from the simplest starts. By taking the first step, you are setting the journey in motion. Everything else will fall into place.
4. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
5. “The greatest adventure is the one within.” – Jon Miksis
6. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.” – Anonymous
One of my favorite adventure quotes, hands down! Nothing worthwhile in life is easy, and the more you push beyond your self-perceived limits (and comfort zone), the more rewarding the experience.
I’ve learned this lesson time and time again while hiking in national parks like Glacier, Yellowstone, and the Tetons. The best panoramic views are almost always after the most difficult climbs. Sure, there are places like Lago di Braies in Italy where you can pull right up to the breathtaking lake in your car. However, there are much better lakes than Lago di Braies in the Dolomites just like there are more untouched and unspoiled places near you that require effort to get to.
This quote about adventure not only applies to hiking mountains, but also to all of life challenges.
7. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” – Peter Hoeg
8. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
9. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
As far as adventure quotes go, this is among the most clever. Often in life when we are unhappy, it’s because we are stagnant. As such, it’s a good idea to get up and move (figurately and literally).
Whether that’s seeking out a new job, doing exercise, moving on from an unhealthy relationship, or going on vacation, movement and adventure are ingrained in our DNA. Since we have feet, we ought to use them!
10. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles in life.” – John Amatt
11. “The best adventures are the ones that make your heart race and your soul sing.” – Jon Miksis
12. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the times you spent in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
In life, it’s easy to get distracted by the things that don’t matter. It’s easy to get caught up in the minutiae and fail to see the bigger picture. While some people can enjoy work and household chores like mowing the lawn, the stuff that truly sticks with you at the end of your life are the adventures.
By seeking a life of adventure and spontaneity, you are setting yourself up for elevated emotions and synchronicities beyond belief. I’ve hiked so many mountains, and unlike all the times I’ve mowed the lawn or written travel articles, I can vividly remember each of those mountains I’ve climbed and how they made me feel.
Is this one of the most famous quotes about adventure? Absolutely!
13. “The man who loves walking will walk further than the man who loves the destination.” – Sal Di Stefano
14. “An adventure a day keeps the routine away.” – Jon Miksis
15. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
This journey quote resonates with me on so many levels. The heart connects us with all things, including everything around us and the deepest parts of ourselves.
When we fully open the heart—and all the passion, love, and inspiration it holds—we are unstoppable in all our endeavors. With a heart wide open, there is no obstacle that cannot be overcome. Likewise, a fully coherent heart lends itself to enriching travel experiences.
16. “Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.” – Roy T. Bennett
This adventure life quote is so true. When we’re in our comfort zones, we aren’t being tested. When we aren’t being tested, we are merely a shadow of our true self.
Stepping into the unknown allows us to rid ourselves of the subconscious programs and habits that almost always aren’t serving us, and create the life we want. The best things in life require effort and discomfort. So, take the leap of faith and go on an adventure, where you will meet the highest version of yourself.
17. “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn
This new adventure quote always puts a smile on my face. Back in 2018, I made the difficult decision to leave my full-time job to pursue a life of passion, purpose, and adventure. The journey of becoming a travel blogger wasn’t easy, and at the beginning I didn’t make much money doing it. But it filled my soul in so many ways, and ultimately the money ended up coming (as a beautiful side product).
Moral of the story: there is much more to life beyond making money. Doing what you love will nurture your soul in ways that money can’t. Psychological income, which comes through adventure, is a more sustainable form of income than money ever will be.
18. “You can’t control the past, but you can control where you go next.” – Kirsten Hubbard
19. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
Yes. Yes. And…Yes!
There is so much wisdom in this short quote on adventure. As humans, we are born with incredible mental faculties, including imagination, intuition, willpower, and memory. No matter how much money you have or other opportunities you’re born with, you have access to these powers of the mind. Each can be enhanced through training over time.
With willpower alone, you can become courageous and strong. A sharp mind can also be cultivated through developing one’s intuition and memory. Moreover, if you can imagine yourself becoming brave, strong, and smart, then you can in real life. Change your mindset and you can change your world! Quotes about adventuring truly don’t get any better than this one by Christopher Robin.
20. “All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes to make them possible.” – T.E. Lawrence
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia, T.E. Lawrence is an archeologist who is a great source of adventure quotes (and all other types of wisdom). He tells us that dreaming shouldn’t be limited to when we’re in bed at night; we should be dreaming during the day as well. It’s when we visualize and manifest our dreams with our eyes open when we can bring true action to our desires.
21. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
This is one of my favorite quotes about adventure by George Bernard Shaw. As a famous playwright, he wrote over 60 plays during his lifetime and was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature back in 1925.
Let this adventure quotation serve as a reminder that each of us are the creators of our own lives—the director, the producer, the scriptwriter, and the main actor. Every day, life throws things our way. While we don’t have full control over that stuff, we do get to choose how we want to respond and what we want to do with our lives.
We are not victims of our environment, but rather creators of our destiny.
22. “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
This adventure saying is truly powerful. Everything we accomplish in life is a reflection of ourselves, our determination, and our willpower.
23. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
24. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
25. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Going on adventures helps us to grow and expand our horizons. After gaining an increased level of awareness, you will never be the same again.
There is another unique adventure life quote that tells this one in a slightly different way: “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” – Heraclitus
26. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Like the life of adventure quote above, this saying illustrates what happens when you develop an increased level of awareness. Stretching the mind by new experiences makes it impossible to go back and be the same person you always were.
I’ve found this adventure saying to be true after starting meditation. I’ve been to meditation retreats around the world, including those by Dr. Joe Dispenza and Wim Hof. After such enriching experiences, I came home a different person. The only thing permanent in life is change, and the more we seek out new knowledge and experiences, we get to determine how that change unfolds.
27. “It feels good to be lost in the right direction.” – Anonymous
In life, we may know what we want. However, we don’t always know how to get there.
Getting lost and having difficulty finding our way is a natural part of life; something to embrace rather than try to hide from (or control). The path is never clearly marked or defined. It’s when we’re lost and off-balanced when we are close to finding clarity.
How many times have you dreaded a challenge or obstacle, only to be pleasantly surprised by how everything turned out shortly thereafter? No matter how scary and uncertain things may seem, everything always works out.
Whether you believe in God, Source, the Universe – have faith in the process. Even if you appear lost, you are right where you’re supposed to be.
28. “The journey is the reward.” – Steve Jobs
29. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
This is one of my all-time favorite adventure life quotes. Making the leap of faith can be daunting, but it always leads to breakthroughs in the end.
30. “Life is short and the world is wide.” – Simon Raven
Famous Quotes About Adventure
31. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
Really love this wise adventure saying by Hellen Keller! Being blind and deaf, she was dealt a very bad hand in life from a young age. In spite of this extraordinary challenge, she went on to become a successful author and educator who continues to inspire people many decades after her death.
What I’ve found in life is that most people aren’t living; they are merely surviving. There is a huge difference between living and surviving. Most people wish to tiptoe safely to the grave rather than try to achieve their full potential. It’s certainly more comfortable to do so in the short term, but at what cost? By seeking out adventures (no matter how big or small), we are truly living. Don’t take my word for it, listen to Helen Keller, one of the most impactful humanitarians of all time who overcame such a devastating disability. Most of our problems in life pale in comparison to hers.
32. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
For open-minded travelers, this is among the most profound quotes about adventuring. It’s when we open up our eyes to the world, and all the unique people, cultures, and traditions within it, that we truly love our neighbor.
33. “Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.” – Michael Jordan
34. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.” – Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings
35. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
This quote by J.R.R. Tolkien, spoken by the character Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings, highlights the uncertainty and risk inherent in embarking on an adventure. It serves as a reminder that stepping out of our comfort zone and venturing into the unknown can be both thrilling and perilous.
The quote emphasizes the importance of staying grounded and maintaining a sense of purpose and direction in the face of the unexpected twists and turns that can arise on any journey. It also speaks to the transformative power of adventure, suggesting that it has the ability to sweep us off our feet and take us to places we never imagined we would go.
At its core, this quote is about the courage and resilience it takes to pursue our dreams and passions, even when the path ahead is uncertain. It encourages us to embrace the unknown with open arms, to trust in our abilities, and to be ready for whatever adventure comes our way. And while the journey may be dangerous, the rewards that come from taking that first step out the door can be truly life-changing.
36. This is one of the top adventuring quotes imaginable: “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
37. “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter that the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” – Walt Disney
38. “If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.” – Angelina Jolie
Adventure Life Quotes
39. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
Follow your dreams and not only will you go on some epic adventures, you will live in harmony with your soul purpose. Common issues today like anxiety and depression aren’t merely medical issues, they are issues of the soul. When you aren’t living in alignment with your dreams, beliefs, and values, these conditions can manifest.
I had my own bout with anxiety a year ago after having Long Covid symptoms for many months. I tried everything – changing my diet, taking medication and supplements, and trying alternative methods like acupuncture to no avail. It was when I started zeroing in on my heart’s deepest desires, and acting on them, when things really shifted for me. Since then, I’ve been on some amazing adventures (both the outer journey and inner journey of exploration). Though I still get anxious from time to time, it’s at a healthy and normal level. The adventure of life truly never ends!
By living the life of your dreams, you can be sure that no matter what ugly things life throws your way, you will be resilient. You will also be happy.
40. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
41. “Add life to your days, not days to your life.” – Unknown
Life of adventure quotes like this one really put things in perspective. So many people want to live long lives, but what about the quality of life? I would rather live to be 75 with no regrets than 150 with lots of them.
42. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller
Being present is the secret sauce to life. Most people are moving 100 miles an hour and fail to take a step back and enjoy the present moment. This is a grave mistake, and something we all ought to be more mindful of.
Adventure not only enriches our lives, it also forces us to be present. Whether that’s hiking a mountain or meeting new people in a hostel, you can be sure that changing up your environment will cause you to stop and look around a bit. Not only is this one of the most fun adventure quotes, it’s also a top motivational quote!
43. “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – Eric Roth
44. “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.” – Casey Neistat
This exploring quote really hits home. I spent many years of my life playing it safe, doing the job and being the person that others expected of me, rather than writing my own story. I’m glad I was able to eventually break out of that!
45. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
Adventuring captions come in all stripes, and this one by Mae West takes YOLO to a whole new level. Often in life, we settle and get complacent. Unfortunately, in doing so, we miss out on what it truly feels like to live. Let this serve as a reminder to live your best life!
46. “Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.” – Bob Bitchin
Our perception in life is everything. We can choose to either look at the glass as half empty or half full. This explore quote is truly one of a kind!
47. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
48. “The world is too big to stay in one place and life is too short to do just one thing.” – Unknown
49. “Adventure is not outside man; it is within.” – George Eliot
50. “Go outside. Don’t tell anyone and don’t bring your phone. Start walking and keep walking until you no longer know the road like the palm of your hand, because we walk the same roads day in and day out, to the bus and back home and we cease to see. We walk in our sleep and teach our muscles to work without thinking and I dare you to walk where you have not yet walked and I dare you to notice. Don’t try to get anything out of it, because you won’t. Don’t try to make use of it, because you can’t. And that’s the point. Just walk, see, sit down if you like. And be. Just be, whatever you are with whatever you have, and realise that that is enough to be happy. There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” – Charlotte Erikson
51. “The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn’t even think to ask.” – Jeff Johnson
This quote by Jeff Johnson captures the essence of what makes a journey truly transformative – the ability to discover answers to questions that we didn’t even know we had. It suggests that the act of embarking on a journey, whether physical or emotional, can lead us to insights and realizations that were previously beyond our reach.
At the heart of this quote is the idea that the greatest adventures are not just about reaching a destination or achieving a goal, but about the process of discovery and growth that happens along the way. By opening ourselves up to new experiences and stepping outside of our comfort zones, we can uncover hidden truths about ourselves and the world around us, and gain a deeper understanding of our place in it.
Ultimately, this new adventure quote is a reminder that the best journeys are those that challenge us to think deeply, to explore our innermost thoughts and desires, and to seek out the answers to questions that we may not even know how to ask. And in doing so, we can embark on a journey of self-discovery and transformation that can change our lives in ways we never thought possible.
52. “Life is a journey with problems to solve and lessons to learn but most of all… Experiences to enjoy.” – Anonymous
53. “Adventure isn’t hanging off a rope on the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” – John Amat
Adrenaline junkies will probably find this adventure quote to be debatable. But there is certainly a lot of truth in it. While paragliding and bungie jumping are extreme forms of adventure, there is a lot to be said about the inner world of exploration. Changing one’s mindset—in the form of regulating emotions and altering our perceptions of things— can lead to equally incredible adventures.
54. “The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.” – Anonymous
This is an exploration quote if I’ve ever heard one. So many people think and dream without taking action. This leads to regret later in life. By going on adventures, you will create memories that will last a lifetime.
55. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain or routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies, and adopting new viewpoints.” – Wilfred Peterson
Short Adventure Quotes
56. “Adventure is worthwhile” – Aesop
This short quote on adventure is packed with value. Journeys, whether external or internal, offer us with enriching opportunities to grow and expand. It’s when we’re on an adventure, off-balanced and uncomfortable, when the true learning begins.
57. “Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This is one of the best journey quotes imaginable. Rather than being so fixated about the goal or the end result, we ought to enjoy the present moment; the little moments in transit that happen to be the big moments.
When we become so hung up on the end goal, rather than the process, we are bound to be unhappy and unsatisfied. Achieving a goal or outcome feels good for just a few moments; it seldom lasts very long. Those who enjoy the journey, the process, the day-to-day leading up to the “destination” will be treated to a sustainable flow of happiness and self-efficacy in life.
58. “Getting lost is not a waste of time.” – Pierre Bernard
59. A thought-provoking adventure quote: “Your comfort zone is your danger zone.” – Greg Plitt
This discovery quote couldn’t be more true. When we are in the comfort zone, we are often unhappy and stagnant.
60. “Travel far, travel wide, travel often.” – Nomadic Matt
61. “There is no certainty; there is only adventure.” – Roberto Assagioli
62. “Traveling is not just a way of life, it’s a way of being.” – Jon Miksis
63. “Oh, the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
There is so much wisdom in this short adventure quote by Dr. Seuss. Rewind your life 5, 10, 15 years back and then look where you are now. What adventures have transpired over this period and how have they shaped you into the person you are today? Back then, if you had told yourself about all of the incredible journeys you’ve embarked on, would you believe it? Probably not!
64. “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.” – Suzanne Collins
65. “You know you are truly alive when you’re living among lions.” – Karen Blixen
66. “A life lived in fear is a life half lived.” – Spanish Proverb
This is one of the most thought-provoking life is an adventure quotes imaginable. By living life in fear, we are wasting so much precious focus and attention that we could otherwise spend on creating the life we want.
67. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
68. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
If you need adventure quotes in your life, this is it. Walt Disney was such a visionary and a dreamer.
Everyone has dreams, but not everyone acts on them. If you have the courage to pursue your dreams in spite of the obstacles and fear that stand in the way, you are on your way to achieving amazing things in life.
69. “Fear is only temporary. Regret lasts forever.” – Anonymous
This adventuring quote really underscores the importance of not being held back by fear. With courage, we can overcome our greatest fears, pursue our passions, and not have to worry about regret later in life.
70. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
Inspirational Adventure Quotes
71. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for the great.” – Steve Prefontaine
This is a classic adventure quote by one of America’s top long-distance runners. Steve Prefontaine inspires us to be our best, not only physically, but also mentally. In order to do so, it requires us to push beyond the boundaries of fear. Courage and willpower allow us to do just that.
72. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
73. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
74. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
75. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
76. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.” – Paul Coelho
77. One of my favorite adventure quotes: “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.” – John G. Shedd
78. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
79. “When was the last time you did something for the first time?” – John C. Maxwell
This life adventure quote is something I contemplate regularly. It’s easy to get bogged into the same routines and habits and be content with ease and comfort. However, it’s only when we try new things—even scary and uncomfortable things—when we truly grow.
80. “The greatest discovery in life is self-discovery. Until you find yourself, you will always be someone else. Become yourself.” – Myles Munroe
81. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
82. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
I’m a huge fan of Tony Robbins’ work and I believe he has a unique ability to inspire adventure through his motivational quotes. As a mindset coach, speaker, and author, he does an exceptional job helping people find meaning in life.
This saying is similar to the following life is an adventure quote by Wayne Gretzky: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
83. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
This is an inspirational adventure quote if I’ve ever seen one. On the other side of fear is freedom. As uncomfortable and distressing as it may be to pursue that which is scary, it always opens up new possibilities.
84. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy – I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Arthur L. Williams Jr.
85. “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” – Greg Child
Adventure Nature Quotes
86. “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
As this adventure life quote suggests, nature has a remarkable way of helping us discover who we really are. Coincidently, I had this epiphany recently while visiting Muir Woods, just north of San Francisco. Muir Woods was named after John Muir, one of the country’s most famous conservationists who was involved in saving Yosemite Valley and other national parks.
Before visiting Muir Woods, I was doing a road trip through Death Valley and Joshua Tree National Parks, which have hot arid climates. While I enjoyed seeing these two exotic places, they do not take my breath away quite like a dense forest does. When I arrived in Muir Woods and took in all the verdant and lush scenery, I felt truly in my element. In this green nature oasis, I had found my soul.
87. “All good things are wild and free.” – Henry David Thoreau
88. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
This is one of the top adventuring quotes by far. While traveling, it’s so important to get off the beaten path and explore hidden gems rather than the touristy hot spots. On a deeper level, this adventure saying encourages us to charter our own unique path in life rather than follow what everyone else is doing.
89. “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
90. “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
91. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach us more than we can ever learn from books.” – John Lubbock
92. “Wilderness is not a luxury but necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey
93. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery – air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” – Sylvia Plath
Adventure Travel Quotes
94. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
This is one of the best adventure thoughts by John Steinbeck. Here, he tells us that trips help us unlock new levels of understanding. Travel experiences not only get us out of our comfort zones, they also help us to stretch our minds beyond belief.
95. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving.” – Lao Tzu
This adventure travel quote can be interpreted in a few different ways.
Firstly, the joy of traveling should not be limited to just the physical destination. We can also enjoy the prep work leading up to the trip –researching the destination, reading about the history, culture, and traditions, and feeling a sense of excitement for what lies ahead. When you finally reach the destination, the moment of wonder and awe is often fleeting. So, it’s best to savor those moments in transit and not wish the journey away.
On a deeper note, I believe this quote on adventure also touches upon the journey of life. Rather than just moving between physical places, each of us are on a path towards physical, mental, and spiritual growth. As humans, we continue to learn and grow until the day we die. So, it’s best to not wish our lives away and instead enjoy the journey and the present moment.
96. “Go where you feel most alive.” – Unknown
97. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
This is one of my favorite quotes about adventure because it integrates the inner journey with the outer one. It’s only when you travel far away, outside your comfort zone, when you begin to discover who you truly are.
98. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
99. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
100. “But that’s the glory of foreign travel, as far as I am concerned. I don’t want to know what people are talking about. I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. Suddenly you are five years old again. You can’t read anything, you have only the most rudimentary sense of how things work, you can’t even reliably cross a street without endangering your life. Your whole existence becomes a series of interesting guesses.” – Bill Bryson
101. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure.” – Freya Stark
102. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
This is one of the truest quotes about adventuring. By exploring places outside of one’s familiar surroundings, that original harmony between humans and nature can fully occur.
103. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
This quote on adventure isn’t just true in a traveling sense, but also in the context of life. We are the culmination of all our experiences; wherever we go and whatever we overcome gives us valuable insights and lessons that stay with us forever.
104. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
New Adventure Quotes
Are you ready for new adventure quotes? From life to travel, here are some saying that will blow your mind.
105. “Don’t ask for security, ask for adventure. Better to live 30 years full of adventure than a 100 years safe in the corner. – Jim Rohn
This is one of my all-time favorite life adventure quotes.
106. “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter that the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” – Walt Disney
107. “You can’t find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn’t bring it with you all along.” – Katrina Mayer
108. “The world is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” – W.B. Yeats
109. “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” -Sir Ranulph Fiennes
Funny Adventure Quotes
Many of these funny adventure quotes aren’t comical in a conventional sense. However, there is plenty of irony and playfulness in the sayings here.
110. “We can’t jump off bridges anymore because our iPhones will get ruined. We can’t take skinny dips in the ocean because there’s no service on the beach and adventures aren’t real unless they’re on Instagram. Technology has doomed the spontaneity of adventure and we’re helping destroy it every time we Google, check-in, and hashtag.” – Jeremy Glass
Pics or it didn’t happen. This adventure seeker quote would be even funnier if it weren’t true.
111. “There’s no way I was born to just pay bills and die.” – Anonymous
Adventuring captions can’t touch this one, that’s for sure. There’s so much more to life than working all the time.
112. “Nobody who says, ‘I told you so’ has ever been, or will ever be, a hero.” – Ursula Le Guin
This funny adventure quote is a bit sarcastic (yet 100% true). As you set out on the hero’s journey, you will inevitably encounter people who are skeptical of you or wish to bring you down. Instead of letting that fuel anger or frustration, let it go. Don’t take people too seriously; scoff at the situation playfully and then move on to bigger and better things.
113. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
114. “Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” – Anthony Bourdain
This adventuring quote by the great, late Anthony Bourdain really encourages us to live our best life. While it’s important to take care of your health, it’s equally important to enjoy our life, which is so short.
115. “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.” – Carl Sandburg
This is such a fun and honest take by one of the most notable poets in US history. Being adventurous quotes like this one really make me smile.
116. “I travel because I become uncomfortable being too comfortable.” – Carew Papritz
I decided to list this as a funny adventure quote because of its sheer irony. While many choose the path of least resistance—chasing ease and comfort—it’s the harder thing to do long term. Humans are meant to explore, learn, and experience; when we are in our comfort zone for too long, we tend to get into trouble. If we’re not growing, we’re dying.
117. One of the funniest adventure quotes: “Adventure may hurt you, but monotony will kill you.” – Marcus Purvis
118. “Are you really happy or just comfortable.” – Unknown
Need adventure quotes in your life? This one will do it. The comfort zone is an attractive place to hang around, but true happiness begins at the edge of it.
Adventure Instagram Captions
119. “Work hard, travel harder.” – Anonymous
This is one of those adventure slogans you won’t want to forget.
120. “People don’t take adventures, adventures take people.” – Unknown
Love this one. It’s not only one of the best adventure quotes for kids, but for adults as well.
121. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
This adventuring caption really kicks my wanderlust into high gear. There’s so much to see on this planet and certainly not enough time to hit them all.
122. “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
123. “Today is a great day for an adventure.” – Anonymous
This is one of the best new adventure quotes that you can share on Instagram. It’s fun, playful, and optimistic. Almost anyone can relate to it!
124. “Between every two pines, there is a doorway to a new world.” – John Muir
Love the imagination that this new adventure quote evokes!
125. “Always say yes to new adventures.” – Keval Parikh
If someone ever asks you to go on an adventure, always say yes (within reason). This is one of the best adventuring together quotes by far!
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about adventure quotes
Here are some popular questions that I often come across regarding adventure quotes in 2023:
What is the best quote for adventure?
Here is one of my all-time favorite quotes about adventure:
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller.
This quote by Helen Keller emphasizes the importance of living life to the fullest by taking risks and embracing new experiences. It suggests that a life without adventure is not worth living. Keller, who was blind and deaf, overcame tremendous challenges to become a renowned author and advocate for people with disabilities. Her quote encourages us to step outside of our comfort zones, explore the unknown, and make the most of our time on this earth.
What is a classic book quote about adventure?
One of the most famous quotes about adventure in classic literature comes from the beloved novel “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien: “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
This quote perfectly captures the spirit of adventure, portraying it as a thrilling yet risky journey into the unknown. The character of Bilbo Baggins, who is hesitant to leave his comfortable hobbit hole and embark on an adventure, is warned by the wise wizard Gandalf of the dangers that lie ahead. However, the quote also suggests that the rewards of adventure can be great, and that one must have courage and determination to face the challenges that come their way.
In essence, this quote encourages us to take chances and embrace the unpredictable nature of life, to have faith in our abilities to overcome obstacles, and to revel in the excitement of discovering new places, meeting new people, and experiencing all that the world has to offer.
What is the quote about adventure and memories?
One of the most intriguing quotes about adventure and memories comes from American author and poet, Maya Angelou: “Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be able to treat life as art.”
Angelou’s quote challenges us to view life as an unfolding adventure, a canvas that we have the power to paint with our experiences and memories. Every moment, every encounter, every decision we make adds to the rich tapestry of our lives. And just as a painter uses a brush to create a masterpiece, we can use our experiences and memories to create a beautiful and unique life story.
But Angelou also reminds us that life is fleeting, and that the memories we create will become our legacy. The quote suggests that we should seize every opportunity to live fully and courageously, to take risks, to explore new horizons, and to make the most of every moment. And in doing so, we create a legacy of unforgettable memories that will live on long after we are gone.
In short, Angelou’s quote inspires us to approach life with a sense of adventure and creativity, to take ownership of our experiences and memories, and to live life as a work of art.
What is a new adventure quote?
If you’re looking for a quote that embodies the excitement and anticipation of a new adventure, look no further than American author and motivational speaker, Eleanor Roosevelt: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
This quote is a call to action, a reminder that the world is full of opportunities waiting to be seized by those who are bold enough to pursue their dreams. It’s a declaration that the future is not predetermined, but rather shaped by the choices we make and the actions we take. And with each new adventure, we have the chance to carve out a new path and create a brighter, more fulfilling future for ourselves.
At its core, this new adventure quote is about having faith in yourself and your abilities. It encourages you to embrace the unknown with excitement and confidence, to trust in your dreams and believe that anything is possible if you’re willing to work for it. And when you do, you open up a world of possibilities and set out on a new adventure that is uniquely yours.
Adventuring Quotes – Recap
I hope you enjoyed my round-up of the best adventure quotes. These quotes about adventuring have inspired me to live a life of passion, purpose, and adventure.
If you’re looking for travel inspiration to feed your wanderlust, I hope you’ve found the perfect exploration quote in this article!
What are your favorite adventure quotes? Which sayings inspire you the most? Share them in the comments below!